Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby Showers with Family and Friends!

Between my family and friends up here, I felt pretty loved these last couple weeks. My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law threw me a 'Gilbert Gathering Shower' and I (and Baby G) were so spoiled by all the aunts, cousins, grandma, etc. I didn't have my camera to capture the amazing lunch they put on but if you know my mother-in-law you can just imagine it was FABULOUSLY DELICIOUS! I did manage to get a picture of my mother-in-law (soon to be Grandma in our family's vocabulary :)), Grandma Gilbert, and my amazing sisters-in-law Tyree, Natalie and Karen. I love them all so much! Thanks for being the best!!

Then I was spoiled by my friends who put together a super cute jungle themed party with lots of yummy cookies!
We played a couple fun games, this one was poking fun at the real life troubles a pregnant woman has day to day, specifically, tying shoes. I could make a lengthy list of all the things I hope to never take for granted again when my belly isn't big and pregnant :).
The hostesses made me the cutest diaper elephant. He had two eyes until one of their sweet little girls thought one looked tempting...now it's the missing binki :).
Me...oober excited for Desitin!! Oh, I have NO idea what lies ahead of me. But for now, in my ignorance, let me be excited for bum rash cream :). I guess I'm mostly excited for my very own little baby bum to love!



4 comments:

  1. Be very excited...diaper rash cream and all...you are in for the best treat ever!!! Being a mom is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see people are taking care of you! I really wish we were closer. You look super cute and we are super excited for you! Please post lots and lots of pics! Good luck Kris, we love you, we miss you, and wish you the very very best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I LOVE the milk and other decorations at your shower. Adorable. And Desitin may become a good friend. It works great. Get excited! I'm so happy for you :) You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristen...I just stumbled across your blog. So, so cute! I'm glad to see how things are going. You look very happy. :) I love Oregon and am jealous you're there and I'm not. Good luck with the new baby!
    Love ya!
    -Teresa Haws

    ReplyDelete