Sunday, August 5, 2012

I just put my finger on it!  Literally, seconds ago, and I want to document it so that I don't forget it.  I have little lightbulb moments occasionally when I break away from the superficial (albeit fun) social media as I'm browsing the internet and always wonder why I don't ponder the thick of things more often, it's a lot more fun and inspiring.  I googled the question, "how to be a farmer's wife", just on a whim, since it has always been Kevin's dream to get his family back to the family farm he was raised on.  We're not there yet, but I feel like it's getting closer.  I like to prepare for things, and sometimes google assists me in that.  I didn't get far enough to get any good lists of advice but I did read something that helped me put my finger on just what I love about Kevin that I've never been able to put into words.  Yes, he's good looking and muscly :).  Yes, he's sweet to everyone he meets.  Yes, he's got awesome devotion to his family and faith.  And on and on...One thing I admit I've been on the fence about with Kevin is that he is a dreamer.  I think I could be categorized as a realist and that has at times found conflict with the dreamer in Kevin.  As I embark on the possibility of becoming that farm wife, I realize that it is impossible to predict our success or failure as we make choices that could risk everything, but Kevin's dream sustains him. And how can that not be admired?  I'm learning that life's greatest riches come to the risk takers who are willing to make profound sacrifices to chase a dream.  And those who do so never give thought to the sacrifices they're making but keep the vision of the possibilities that lie ahead. Instead of hurdles, they see opportunities.  Today was Kevin's first day off- of no less than 10 hour work days, often 12 hour days- in 34 days and he's just barely getting around to thinking that he might be getting a little worn out.  He's not a daydreaming dreamer, he's a hardworking dreamer.  Dreams are healthy, and I have officially taken Kevin's love to chase a dream out of my  bucket of unsafe things and put it into the bucket of things I love about the guy.  
It's nice to ponder about and add to the list of what makes you love the one you do.
I love you farmer man!  
And I look forward to long tractor rides with you where we can be dreamers together.


1 comment:

  1. My husband is also a dreamer and I am a realist. There have been times when I've been frustrated with his dreams. So, thank-you for helpin me see it in a new light.

    ReplyDelete